- To begin, remember to remove the white backing before you begin applying your DÉCOR TRANSFERS®, the transfers do adhere quickly, once applied they cannot be shifted. Be sure to place it in the right position before removing the backing and placing it on your project.
- We recommend sealing your DÉCOR TRANSFERS® after they are placed on your projects, with the exception of glass/mirrors. While we do not have a preferred sealant, any water based sealant will work including a polyacrylic. Wax does not deteriorate DÉCOR TRANSFERS®, we do not recommend oil based sealants as they may break down your transfers.
- When applying to glass or mirrors, do not use any chemicals or harsh cleaners as this may affect the application process of the transfer.
- Wait at least 24 hours after painting any piece to apply DÉCOR TRANSFERS®. Be sure the surface is clean and that any cleaner residue is removed to make the transfer apply smoother and adhere easier.
- Be sure to remove any dust or sanding dust from your project prior to applying your transfer. Any dust on the surface will make it difficult for your transfer to apply smoothly. Store DÉCOR TRANSFERS® in their tube with the lids on to prevent any dust from getting into the transfer.
DÉCOR TRANSFERS® will not adhere onto waxed surfaces. We recommend to make sure wax surfaces have been cured after several months.
- Be sure DÉCOR TRANSFERS® are not being apply onto peeled paint, chips or old varnish that can be easily scratched off.
- If you are attempting to apply your transfer and the adhesive side has paint, the transfer has lifted your paint. Be sure to allow time for any paint to dry prior to application for best results.
- Do not attempt to apply sealant or wax over a transfer that is not adhering. It will not adhere even with sealants. Be sure to follow the proper steps before adhering any transfer.
- Prevent any air bubbles by making sure that you apply DÉCOR TRANSFERS® evenly. Apply the transfer with the included application or a DÉCOR TRANSFERS® applicator tool available in our shop. As you pull apart the clear sheet, rub the transfer pushing it softly onto the surface.
- If, by accident, you have a partial application of the DÉCOR TRANSFERS® in any area, don't worry., you can simply take out a small paint brush and fill in the colors of the flower or whatever item didn't adhere with paint. Design is not always perfect and nature isn't either.
- Have fun. Your piece will look as if you hand-painted it yourself.
Back to Tips, Tricks & Product Information